Saturday, July 14, 2007

Black Friday...Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

I went to Home Depot last night after work and got tall green stakes, some garden lights, birdseed and a folding tomato fence.

I proceeded to spend the next few hours until it got too dark....wrestling with my tomato plants.
Yes, they are six feet tall now.....It was a feat and I'm not done yet. I'm out of stakes and three of the tomato plants are still leaning into the basil.

I saw my neighbor Milka last night and said,
"Ahhh. I'm being attacked by killer tomato plants! They're out of control!!"

she came over and said...
"Oh. You got the tomato plants up. They're the talk of the neighborhood".

I said, " They weren't supposed to get this tall. How freakin' tall can tomato plants get???
I thought they were only supposed to be 4 feet tall max??!?!??
Dude, have you seen the basil?
It's three feet tall...taller than the David Austin rose!"

Milka said, " It was hard to see the basil since the tomato plants were hanging over them."

In any case, I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

No comments: