Saturday, October 6, 2007

Hey y'all.

So, it's been a crazy busy couple of weeks.

My sales trip down the river went well....I got an order this week in. Yeah!
So, for those that don't know.... I drove to NOLA and made sales calls along the way and while there. (Part of my master plan to be back in NOLA more often) I drove down 61 in Mississippi and spent Wed night in Greenville with my friend Chris and had a very nice steak dinner in the middle of a cotton field. It was marinated in bourbon....mmmm...thanks Chris!...I got to see frogs crossing the road....dessert was conversing with my dear friend until my eyes couldn't handle being open anymore.

I hadn't slept in a few nights, so I slept in and before taking the leisurely drive down to NOLA Thursday....I stopped at the Kermit Museum...or rather the Jim Henson Delta Boyhood Exhibit, which Chris had been talking about since he took his job there.....and that I couldn't pass up the idea of it...classic small town museum...The conversation with Emily, a stereotypical small town lady, where I got to learn all about her son, who's in Iraq and her daughter's old Big Bird slippers, and the best part was tucked in a corner....I'd hate to spoil it for you...you'll just have to visit Chris and see it...

I spent the rest of the evening/night with my friend Julia....who is always so good to see and we generally laugh way past our normal bedtime....then spent all of Friday seeing potential customers....and headed over to Tulane...met up with my favorite undergrad advisors...missed some people too.....and met some new fun people!!! Had a couple drinks at Ralph's on the Park waiting for Julia...was still feeling chatty...

Then spent the rest of the weekend with Anna and Sean moving into their house on the North Shore!!!! YEAH! I cannot explain the pure excitement I felt for them. How exciting it is to move into your first house and to just have things go well. That is truly what one wishes for their friends. It is such a honor to get to be a part of it at any stage. I don't think I'd want to live on the North Shore, but it was nice to visit and Sunday brunch was completely cute and tasty with mimosas to boot....our reward for the move Saturday....It was good to see Dave and finally meet Anna's dad...he's been an enigma to me for many years as I've known Anna for ten years and never met him and she's stayed with all my family, I believe. All of this is offset by the fact that I still have bruises from some of the boxes...but I can move again, so it's all good.

Crashed with Chris on my way back...hey, thanks for being the perfect stopping distance for the time being....AND for the use of the TOTALLY KICK ASS WELDING HELMET and hit another customer Monday morning before driving the rest of the way Monday......

So, yeah...it was a quick trip...but now you're all updated...

OH....and I started teaching a class today....Saturday mornings...10-11:30. Handbuilding for kids...ages 5-11 are in the class. Community art center. There's 9..8 showed up today. It was SOOOOO much fun. I'm viewing it as therapy I'm not paying for. Evidently Aliens are SOOO not good. Not the kinds from other countries, but the more than likely could be out there in space somewhere but it's not proven.....and one girl would TOTALLY NOT RECOMMEND seeing War of the Worlds.....the one with Dakota Fanning. It was scary and not good.
I tell ya, they are fabulous!

AND....Dad and I started working on the burnout furnace...yes...it is very exciting...I just bought the last part for it today....now I can weld the legs on....oh yeah. For those that don't know what that means....it means art castings and sculptures a-comin' soon....

No comments: