Sunday, October 14, 2007

Shoe Saturdays

Second class went well with the kids and ceramics....be an architect day....since they wanted to make bird houses...it was fun...if not difficult because I made them work with slabs.
They look really good, though...wait til you see what the five and six year olds did....yeah, I'm a pretty good art teacher...It's amazing what happens when you challenge kids....they continue to amaze you.
So...then on the prowl for copper shoes for anna's wedding....I took mom and went up and met with Susan and we started here at Grace....
http://www.chicagomag.com/Radar/Sales-Check/August-2007/New-Shoes-in-Bucktown/
Probably not the brightest of ideas to START at the amazing Italien boutique shoe store...I did find a pair of FABULOUS copper shoes here.....just welll....way more than I thought about spending on shoes for a wedding.....but then again...I'd wear them again....strappy strappy four inch heels....with ankle wraps and tie in front...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh. But, no I did not buy them..
Then we went to DSW.....it's HUGE. Lines of shoes.....and nothing. We found nothing. No copper. No cute shoes....we all tried to find something. Last time I went there I found SOOOO many shoes I wanted but I was in grad school....
Then off to dinner....a couple blocks away....
http://www.miafrancesca.com/restaurants/mia/
mom had the yummmmmmmmy pumpkin ravioli, which would have killed me because it was in a sage butter sauce. I got a pasta broccolli dish..and Susan got the Mahi Mahi with prawns...
Mom and I split a Lava Torte.....mmmmmm.

Next Saturday.....more shoe shopping for copper shoes....if I don't find a pair by then, I'm going to buy a cheap pair and paint them copper.....the irony is....the dresses are purple...and purple is IN so we saw over a dozen pairs of purple heels that probably would have been fine if I knew what color purple the dress was....

No comments: