Wednesday, October 10, 2007

undergarments


Yes, undergarments.

Anna's wedding is less than a month away.....
I'm shoe shopping this weekend...and Mom asked me about undergarments, too....

This is probably one of the most self-indulgent times I get.....when I'm in a wedding...I allow myself the lingerie I don't normally allow myself to splurge on...and even if I don't splurge I'll still go looking....but it's not the Victoria Secret nothings that I long for that men seem to drool over. It has nothing to do with men for me, at least not really. It's more about how I want to feel.

I've always had a thing for retro undergarments. It might go back to me wearing Oma's floor length négligées as a kid and then twisting them up for different styles...I dunno...
I was the only one in high school to have a merry widow...In college, I bought one of my still most favorite 1950's slip in purple....oh...I love that thing...check it out if you're in New Orleans. It is still one of my most favorite places to be in....House of Lounge. My favorite bra is from House of Lounge. I found a neat website and it has this nifty little history of stockings....

In any case, a good undergarment is the foundation of the outfit..and they make you look curvy where you're supposed to...make you feel more confident and beautiful no matter what item it is

and maybe just maybe they remind me of a connection to a more glamorous time when people got dressed up for dinner and sat around a piano

and I guess it even reminds me of Oma playing Let Me Call You Sweetheart for Opa....

maybe it's the romantic part of me with a little sass thrown in......just maybe.

No comments: