Monday, August 6, 2007

Surrender to Destiny

OK, so this weekend people have seemed to ask me more often than normal how I live without a tv actually hooked up. I have high speed internet, but not even rabbit ears. But, I have the puppy, the cat, gardening, this blog and to be honest I don't really miss it overall.
Sometimes I rent movies.
Sometimes I go over to my sister or my parents to watch a program or a game.
Sometimes I just get mezmerized by the tv at a friend's house or bar.....
And Sometimes I watch tv shows on youtube.
I thought it would be remiss of me not to mention this show,
since I watched it again earlier this evening.


Wonderfalls.
I LOVE this program. I love the quirkiness. Caroline, who plays Jane, is a brilliant actress and portrays this character that is completely unlike another I've seen on a tv program.
It only aired one season and it tries to have a sort of conclusion in the 13th episode.
Michael and I rented it on netflix when we lived together, and it was agonizing waiting for the second DVD to get in to watch the second half of the season.
So far it is still one of my favorite programs.

I think a good premise of the show is when Jane's friend Mahandra says,
“So why struggle with Fate?
Life can be sort of peaceful when you stop struggling with Fate.”

You have to see the pilot, or the first episode, to understand the premise of the show, though....
so watch that first or you've be very confused...

Check it out when you get some time...the quirkiness ensues about five minutes in...

Here's a synopsis I found for those of you who like knowing what a show is about before seeing it:
Set against the backdrop of Niagara Falls, WONDERFALLS is a funny, provocative and magical one-hour dramedy about JAYE TYLER (CAROLINE DHAVERNAS), an underachieving twenty-something souvenir shop worker whose life is forever changed after she has what her family calls “an episode.” That’s when inanimate animal figures – toys, cartoon images, anything in the form of an animal – begin talking to her, and their cryptic messages set into motion a chain of events that invariably lead her into the lives of others in need. Described by its creators BRYAN FULLER (“Star Trek: Voyager”) and TODD HOLLAND (“Malcolm in the Middle”), with tongues firmly in cheek, as “Touched by a Crazy Person,” the series focuses on Jaye as she meddles in, muddles up, and ultimately betters the lives of herself, her eccentric family of overachievers, and the eclectic variety of strangers that cross her path. Over the course of this series Jaye will discover that the world around her really is a magical place, and that the seemingly random events in her life are actually all part of something much greater.

Here's a link to the pilot episode...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8_bmzRhfag

Peace!
(Yes, I fell asleep on the sofa and just woke up.... also the story of my life...)

No comments: