Friday, September 7, 2007

"I think a life in music is beautifully spent and this is what I have devoted my life to" Luciano Pavarotti (1935-2007)

For Aunt Jane....
I am glad you got to visit him this summer while in Italy.
He will be missed by many...but your love will miss him the most,
for I know no one that loves Bel Canto more than my dear aunt.
Love, Lora




Esoterica: Luciano Pavarotti is an example of what can be done with a big heart and artistic success. Apart from the "Pavarotti International Voice Competition" and other arts related sponsorships, he runs an independent industry for his charities of choice. Pavarotti has spearheaded international action on land mines, initiatives for world peace, and led a charge against mankind's real enemies--fear, ignorance, hatred and poverty. Taking the stage with others, his concerts have raised millions for major medical, vocational and educational movements in Bosnia, Cambodia, Kosovo, Guatemala, Liberia, Tibet, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iraq. "Imagination encircles the world." (Albert Einstein)
Artists' Responses to Imagination by Robert Genn
Some Video Links:
"How to Sing Bel Canto I" and "II" with Pavarotti, Sutherland and Horne
For my friends that haven't heard him recently....take a couple minutes and do so....
Luciano Pavarotti sings "Nessun Dorma" from Turandot

No comments: